Cavern Of Anti-Matter are the new band from Tim Gane of the much-loved and much-missed Stereolab (a band obsessed over by other musicians from Flying Lotus to Pharrell to Damon Albarn). Tim is now Berlin-based and has formed the new trio with original Stereolab drummer and acclaimed photographer Joe Dilworth, and synth wizard Holger Zapf.
The album void beats/invocation trex is out on 19 February on their own Duophonic label. As well as contributions from Bradford Cox, the albums also features guest appearances by Sonic Boom (Spacemen 3), Jan St. Werner (Mouse On Mars) and Sean O’Hagan (The High Llamas). The band is touring Europe in February and March. This new album is their first widely-distributed release and follows a number of limited edition vinyl releases on different imprints including Ghost Box and Deep Distance.
“I jumped at the chance to work with Cavern Of Anti-Matter. Tim Gane’s work has been a primary influence on my music for years and COAM’s new album did not disappoint – an absolute pleasure to listen to from start to finish, total aural delight. Modular patterns and first class electronics intersperse with insistent rhythms that spoke to me instantly, and I was able to condense it down to 17 minutes of non-stop energy which I hope gives you a good idea of what a brilliant album it is.” Tom Furse
Cavern Of Anti-Matter Tour Dates
· 25 Feb 2016 – Generiq @ le FJT des Oiseaux, Besançon, France
· 26 Feb 2016 – Generiq @ Cellier de Clairvaux, Dijon, France
· 27 Feb 2016 – Festival La Route Du Rock, St Malo, France
· 29 Feb 2016 – The Moth Club, London, UK, tickets
· 01 Mar 2016 – The Paradiso, Amsterdam. Netherlands
· 11 Mar 2016 – Kantine am Berghain, Berlin , Germany
· 3 Jun 2016 – Primavera Sound Festival, Barcelona, Spain