Sub Pop Has announced the release details on behalf of THEESatisfaction’s EarthEE, the follow up to awE naturalE, the alternative R&B group’s debut. The album will be available on CD / LP / DL February 23rd in Europe and February 24th in North America via Sub Pop and is led by the singles “Recognition,” “Nature’s Candy,” and the title track.
EarthEE was produced by THEESatisfaction and Erik Blood, mixed by Blood at Protect and Exalt Labs: A Black Space and mastered by Adam Straney at BreakPoint Mastering in Seattle. The album also features guest appearances from Shabazz Palaces, Meshell Ndegeocello, Porter Ray, Blood and Taylor Brown.
About THEESatisfaction’s EarthEE by Maikoiyo Alley-Barnes:
Ashanti repetitive leaping.
It all bounces.
So too should you”
Once in Time, in an emerald veld of near solitude, Two met.
One Cat and One Stas. Born under different signs. Destined to shine under the same moons.
They commenced to make.
The trees shifted hues and shed…They made.
Ethereal. The foundation of empires lost and regained.
Regal in a manner that is now mostly forgotten.
As in the Queens of some Where. The Queens of some Thing.
Sorceress Queens who dealt in aural incantation architecture.
Possessors of keys to deeper feelings. Unlockers of healing.
blood price of heavily scented continuum.
Change is inevitable and necessary. It is the precursor to transcendence.
1. “Prophetic Perfection”
2. “No GMO” (feat. Taylor Brown)
3. “Planet for Sale”
4. “Blandland” (feat. Ishmael Butler of Shabazz Palaces)
5. “Fetch/Catch” (feat. Taylor Brown)
6. “Nature’s Candy”
7. “EarthEE” (feat. Shabazz Palaces, Porter Ray and Erik Blood)
8. “Post Black, Anyway”
9. “Universal Perspective” (feat. Meshell Ndegeocello)
10. “WerQ” (feat. Meshell Ndegeocello)
11. “Sir Come Navigate” (feat. Tendai Maraire of Shabazz Palaces)
12. “Recognition” (feat. Shabazz Palaces and Erik Blood)
13. “I Read You” (feat. Erik Blood)